Posh- to look smart and fashionable.
She came in and sat on the kitchen counter and began to discuss her day with me as I made the evening meal. She posed the question, "Mom do you know what posh means?"
"Yes," was my reply, but questioning where and how my 6 year old might know the meaning of such a word, I asked, "Do you?"
As I asked this question she was sitting cross-legged with her hands placed upon her top knee. She quickly flicked her hair off her shoulder and proceeded to answer my question using a 16 year old voice and acting as such as well.
"Yes, I know what it means, there is this girl at my school that thinks she is sooooo POSH! She like, you know, like swings her hair off her shoulders, and walks around like she is so posh. I just like, can't understand why she, like, acts that way."
Somewhat amused by my 6 year old. I couldn't help but smile and answer her question the best way I knew how. When she was satisfied with my answer she jumped down off the counter top, swung her hair off her shoulders once again and strutted away with her DIVA attitude in her hips, in her bounce, in her face and in the air.
Oh my Maddie, I love you so much. You are my Diva and you my sweetheart think you are so POSH!




4 comments:
You know that she is Posh because she observed me all Summer long, right? Ha Ha I love her attitude! She is awesome
Oh that is a great story. I can picture her saying that! I love that girl!
She's gorgeous! Lovely posting x
Maddie is SO cute...and SO posh! xx
Post a Comment