We were able to take a wonderful family trip to Portugal and Spain. We spent 4 beautiful days exploring and "experiencing" (as read in my previous blog entry), and spending time in the most interesting little towns. Here's a recap and a load of pictures!
We flew in to Lisbon, and drove 1 hour North to the resort, where we stayed for a few nights! We were hoping for the weather to be warm enough for outdoor swimming, but unfortunately it was a wee bit cold!!! The water was anyway. So we swam in the indoor pool and visited a town just South of us called Peniche.
Peniche had these amazing cliffs that dropped right into the ocean. To see the water hit those rocks and spray 40 feet in the air was intimidating! The kids and I could barely managed to look over the edge. We did find the lighthouse there and climbed down some stairs that led us to a cliff below. It was so nice sitting there watching the ocean and feeling the sun beat down on us, it made a great shield from the wind!





















18 comments:
Looks like a great trip- and you have taken some fantastic photos- I wish my pictures came out as good as yours!
Awesome pictures! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Those shells are not like the ones you can find on a beach here - how fun!
Oh Lindsay - it looks like you had an amazing time. That blue sea is calling me! Beautiful photos x
Oh, Rylie looks so scared. Bless her heart. Portuagal and Spain look amazing.
You guys are so lucky to experience such beautiful countries. I LOVED all of your photos Lindsay.
Wow, that is so awesome! Love all the pictures. It is so great that you guys are over there and your kids can see the world. Love all the crocs by the way.
looks amazing! good for you guys!!!
what a fun trip and great pictures. You guys are doing so many cool things over there and your kids are getting so big!
How fun! What beautiful pictures :)
looks like a cool trip
I totally know you feel when you see ruins that old. It's amazing. What a fun trip and that you got to be together as a family. You're little England countryside life is sounding so great to me right now. I loved the pictures (like always)!
I am so glad that you were able to see all of that beauty and that you are able to come home and rest!
I love the phots.
How come you didn't invite me?
Looks like you got your images sorted out thats good. Looks like you had a good time and great shots.
I love the pictures of Rylie, she looks very scared! Next time call me and we will come! You are always doing neat things!
Looks like a great trip! Glad you made it back in one piece! =)
SO FUN! Man in 5 hours worth of flying I can only get myself to Eugene Oregon and back and you can go to some awesome place like Spain!!
Dan here - I love these photos they are really arty. They capture everything I love about the southern european cities etc. I wish we could get some of that again once a year doesnt seem enough.
Dan
Post a Comment