It is a game that all my dear kids love. One which, all my children have the desire to play. It seems at the young age of 3 going on to 5, it is the game of choice. Why?
Is it the fact the game is centered around their favorite sugary treats?
Is it the beauty, and coveted spot of Queen Frostine, that leaves the children delirious with anticipation?
Is the flashy vibrant colors scattered all throughout the board?
Is it that they can identify the colors and master the game at such a young and tender age?
As I play with my 3 year old son and watch how intently he places the gingerbread man upon the winning rainbow spot. I realize it may be all these other explanations but only one resonates in my mind. After one hour of play and 4 wins, the fact remains, it is the one game all my children are guaranteed to win. Savannah, Madison and Carson each one of these sweet angels have taken me down, game by game, year after year. The moments where as mom is about to reach the land of the great Candy Castle, Plumpy or Mr. Mint are drawn and Mom is driven once again into last place.
Is this an exaggeration?
No, just ask the 3 year old that has beaten me, over, and over, and over again.



4 comments:
Loved your last post, because I will never complain again about going to church. At least I have mom abd Chad both there to help. Wish I could be there to help you out. And I have never once won at Candy Land. Then I find myself getting frusturated, then laugh because I'm mad about not winning Candy Land. Also never won at Chutes and Ladders, even more frusturating!
Sounds like a fun game! Is it from America?? Dan mentioned you are off to Portugal at half term-lovely! Hope you find some sunshine x
I agree with Debbie- sounds a great game- Sounds like you had fun even though you lost!
I love all these posts about all the kids. I need to do that more. Love the post about you too. You look great and glad you are all doing well.
Post a Comment