Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Feeling the Love




"Solace is found in the arms of a sister"

The reason I love this quote so much is because it is so true. I see my children most content and confident when one shows love to the other. Whether that is through a kiss, a hug, a compliment, or just playing without the bickering. Lately, the kids have been so affectionate with each other. I wish I knew the secret to this success, but alas, I have no answers to why they feel this need to express love. I just hope it continues.

-Carson woke up one morning and snuggled up to me and kissed my neck.

-Savannah was walking ahead of us on the way home from school; Carson ran to catch her and when he reached her she wrapped her arm around his shoulders and they walked the rest of the way home like that.

-Savannah and Carson insisted they sleep in my bed and when I walked into see if they were asleep, they had fallen asleep with their heads together

-Rylie gave Madison her first kiss. Of course, it is just an open mouth and slober, but it made Madison laugh so hard. It was adorable.

-Madison has suddenly become the only one that can get Carson to do anything. She'll put her arm around him, guide him in the direction I have already asked him to go, and use the words "come on bud!"

-The kids all wanted snuggles one night so we gathered in my bed and snuggled! Savannah "tickled" Carson's arms and then he "tickled" their arms. It was cute to watch them take care of each other.

3 comments:

Ford Family said...

that's so nice! I love it when my kids behave like that- but it unfortunately isn't that often! I hope they watch your children and follow their example!

England Family said...

It's so true. There is nothing better than when they love each other. I love the little moments that they share. It makes it all worthwhile.

Heather S said...

I so agree...they really do enjoy each other when there is affection involved. It is so great that you have taken the time to notice and write them down. My mom says my brothers doted on me but I only remember the teasing and sucker punches!