It was a beautiful day here!!! One I have been needing for quite some time now. It was a whopping 66 degrees! So I decided the kids needed some outside time. So we went to Rosliston. A beautiful piece of land that is all about exploration and beauty. We hiked, threw rocks in the pond, played at the playground, had a picnic, and rocked climbed. A perfect day to wear kids out enough to be able to put them to bed early!!! I love warm days!
On the way there I saw these incredible fields of yellow flowers. I have no idea what they are, but I have never seen such a brilliant yellow in all my life. I had to stop the car and take pictures. I pulled the kids out of the car to get them in the shot, but didn't quite get a good one. Oh well, at least I tried!

After the picnic we played at the playground. I was impressed with the kids teamwork. It seemed like a lot of the equipment there was based on teamwork, hence the swing and the little sand contraption. Rylie also had her after lunch snack with a big handful of sand. Hmmm, I think the rest of the day she'll be excreting gravel and sand! Fun for me, not so fun for her!


Later we hiked or more like walked our way to the manmade "lake" (funds donated by Rolls Royce!) and the kids could have stayed there all day. It is amazing how easily it was to get them to leave the playground but how difficult it was to get them to leave the lake. I am not sure if it is because of the solitude we found there or the best kind of fun in the world, throwing rocks in the lake! I love the picture of Savannah and Carson; Carson was her little shadow all day!




After all the walking the kids had enough energy to top the day off with a rock climb. Madison remembered like a pro how to go up and come down. She was great! Carson made it as far as my hand could boost up his bottom, and Savannah was so quick that this was the only shot I could get of her. She started out and I reached down to grab the camera out of the bag; by the time I positioned myself to take the picture she was already to the top!


Saturday, April 26, 2008
Rosliston Forestry Center
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 5:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh looks like you guys had a great day in the Spring sunshine!! I was hoping you'd be enjoying it as we don't know when we'll get another one!! :-)
I just LOVE the yellow oil seed rape fields too ;-) When they come out each spring it makes me so happy- Liv and I shout hooray in the car when we see a yellow field!
x x x
What a wonderful place! I love yellow fields...are they rapeseed?
Great pictures, too!
That sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment