
I feel that last post painted Harvey in a bad light. He works hard for us and I feel his travels usually expose the hardships they place on me and at times I can often forget that they aren't all that fun for Harvey either. He misses his family and his travels can impose a lonliness I don't have to ever experience because of my 4 beautiful children providing me daily with good conversation, unexpected adventures, busy work, and drama of all sorts. So I found a few qoutes that reminded me of Harvey and his abilities towards Fatherhood.
"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."-Red Buttons
I have seen Harvey doubled over in pain a few times because of those unknowing attacks from the kids. Never because his "raising his hand to the children," always because of some wrestling match.
"A new father quickly learns that his child invariably comes to the bathroom at precisely the times when he's in there, as if he needed company. The only way for this father to be certain of bathroom privacy is to shave at the gas station."- Bill Cosby
Harvey doesn't have the right to privacy in this house. When he is home I hear the kids constantly ask, "Where's Dad?" And there is no waiting for him, whether he is in the bathroom or on a business call.
"It is a wise father that knows his own child."- William Shakespeare
The funniest thing for me is to hear Harvey's interpertation of the children. When he is describing each one of them and their personalities to friends or family it cracks me up on how spot on he really is. He knows his children individually and loves them for their strengths and even for their weaknesses. Your terrific Harv, we miss you! 9 days and counting!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
He's Dad
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
OK, Harvey - you can let her out of the doghouse now :)
D
I swear harvey made no comments about that post. He simply laughed at the scooby doo story. I just felt bad after rereading it the next day.
A long time ago, I heard someone say that Dads are for fun, but Moms are for the daily care which sometimes goes unrecognized. Just wait, when they're away from home, they'll call and the person they'll want to talk to is Mom.
awwww.... harvey is such a good dad :) It is hard sometimes to remember how hard it must be for them when they're gone- we're so wrapped up in our day-to-day :) Love the post :)
I love you sweetheart. You are too good to me. Thank you.
I simply love this post Linds!
Post a Comment