Monday, April 21, 2008

Mommy the evil monster!



Harvey is out of town and I am starting to feel this is his way of building up his fan club. Daddy the superhero, the man who does no wrong, the daddy who is perfect, patient and always a barrel of laughs. When dad is out of town the kids only remember the good things, "absense makes the heart grow fonder!". I feel I need to go away for a few days so I can start building my own fan base. For instance, this morning the kids were talking about which "scooby-do" character they would be. They recently have been faithful "scooby-do" watchers. Maddie declared, she would be Daphne, Savannah would be Velma, Carson would be Shaggy, Dad would be Fred and Rylie would be Scooby. I was somewhat disappointed in the fact that I was unintentionally left out, forgotten. But as quickly as the thought arrived it was instantly extinguished when the kids declared, "I know what Mom can be! She can be the evil monster!" Quickly it was made unanimous and I was left thinking to myself, these things are only made manifest when Harvey is out of town. Thanks a lot Harv, you better bring me back something really good!

9 comments:

Koch Clan said...

Seriously, Rob never leaves town and the kids would say the same thing. I think being with us all day they get the good and the bad. With dad, mostly the good. I feel for you. You are one brave wife to have a husband who travels all the time.

LanceM said...

This is hilarious! We play Scooby Doo too! Darrell is Fred, I'm Velma, Dustin is Scooby Doo, Malia is Daphne, and Alana is Shaggy. If you don't call them by the correct name, they will correct you. The other day Darrell called and Dustin answered the phone, "Hey, Fred!" Lindsay, Harvey looks much more like the evil monster than you do! :)

leslie said...

yep..... dad's the favorite at our house too. unless i do something really unexpected and crazy. then i can sometimes earn the title for the moment. but it always goes right back to dad once the fun is over.

Weston and William's Blog said...

I love that you posted a picture with this story :) You are too cute!

Mandy said...

I am sorry, but I was seriously laughing pretty hard when I read this. It's so true. I'm the monster at our house too. Glad I'm not the only one.

Angie said...

You are one hot monster. Grrrrr!

Lesley-Ann said...

Lindsey you do look pretty scary and mean too :-) Well Steve never goes away and so we are both pretty equal in terms of being nice or mean, Beth may say something different though!

England Family said...

I hear and feel your pain!! What more can I say!

Sunshine Promises said...

Oh cute girl -

I am so glad to hear you echo the feelings of my heart! I was just telling my mom the other day how sick I am of being "the resident witch" all the time. Since I'm the one at home all day with the kids, it's easy for them to see you as the disciplinarian, enforcer, and dictator when dad's just there for dinner, playtime and storytime. I have not yet found a way to resolve these concerns. But if you do, then let me know!