Sunday, April 13, 2008

Magical Pony Party


For Madison's birthday party we themed it, "Magical Ponies". All the kids came over and were turned into magical ponies themselves, all equipped with ears, forelock and tails. I was so gunhoe with all the fun games we were going to play, "prancing ponies", "horse, horse, pony," and of course a pinata. However, throughout the whole game playing portion of the party the kids were so mellow and bored. Thinking I had utterly failed. I decided after all the "organized" play was through they could play on their own until parents came to pick the kids up. Suddenly it was chaos, screaming and laughter, just what I wanted! I guess I learned to just leave kids to play on their own, afterall they are much better at it then I am!

Pictured above is the best picture we could managed to be taken with eight, six year olds on a trampoline.

3 comments:

Becca said...

What fun! I love when they enjoy entertaining themselves - who said organized play was more fun?! Great job on the ears!

Heather S said...

I want a magical pony party! It sounds like a lot of fun...did you make the ears? They look so cute on the girls. Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

how fun!! that is so cute!!