Sunday, May 04, 2008

An English Spring


I have never denied the beauty of the English countryside. There were only a few months where I doubted such beauty would ever be explored. The unrelenting rain showers, the bitter cold, and the dark and cumbersome skies. Yet, after the bleak winter we have been finally been able to appreciate the rain's purpose to adorn.

When we first arrived here we were more anxious to sightsee as a tourist would. We explored the many castles, visited Shakespeares hometown, sought out famous Pride and Prejudice settings and we had a fabulous time doing so. But now we have moved on from being visitors to claiming residency. We'll never put an end to the structural pleasures of England, such as the castles, but we have now begun to see a different side of England. The beauties of England have far exceeded what we could have ever imagined before we arrived here. The English Spring has brought us a glimpse of the rain's unwavering purpose. From the blossoming trees to the rape oilseed fields; we can not only visually appreciate the English Countryside but we can smell the spring in the air. With a mix of rain and the sweet fragrant blossoms the air smells so divine; a scent that can never be duplicated by packaging it up into a bottle of perfume or a jar for a candle. Only mother nature can bring this sweet scent and this visual treat. We have once again been able to appreciate the abundant pleasures that nature can provide.

Here are a few pictures of a spring walk we took on saturday. Thanks Debs for the suggestion to go to Bunny Woods!




6 comments:

Darrell Manning said...

Beautiful bokeh on #1. #2 is my favorite though (well done, Lindsay!). I can't believe how tall Savannah is getting. Is she 5 feet (sorry, 5 foot :) already?

leslie said...

savannah looks so grown up!!! i made joe watch the fireworks vid of her last night... so funny! gorgeous pics! what a great spot to explore....

Debs said...

Oh great you found it ok! Lovely photos Lindz, so glad you can get to appreciate some dryer days and see England in all it's glory - in spring x x x

Koch Clan said...

Beautiful pictures. I love Madison's hat by her neck. So cute. It is so cool you guys get to live over there. And all over the world for that matter.

Debs said...

Dan says - Lindsay you should write for a column in Country Living (an english country magazine). One of my favorite quotes says " Beauty can only be appreciated in Contrasts - the silence of mountain valley in contrast to a busy city ( I am adlibing here), a dawn after the dark of night, an English Spring after an English Winter!!! I like the photos nice lens Harv.

tami said...

Okay, I'm sold. We'll be there in a week (I wish!)

I love rediscovering the world in Springtime, and watching the kids discover it too.