Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye Dear England

Dearest England,

You and I have had our ups and our downs; our highs and our lows. One minute I am basking in your green, lush countryside and the next minute the explanation of your leafy abundance is given by unrelenting rainshowers. However, through it all I leave you with my heart heavy with gratitude and sadness.

Years to come I will look back on my residence here with affection. One of my greatest treasures were the moments I had when running through your countryside and by doing so I discovered the unchartered path, the unmarked roads that I will cherish in my memory forever. The other treasure with which I will hold closely to my heart are the friends I have made while residing here.
Dearest England as you have proven your value in beauty you have also proven it with the incumbents that you securely and safely hold. Our English friends have provided me and my family with a home away from home. Although it took an unusual lofty season; we have learned that once your friendship is proven they are most devout. We have grown to love them and will miss them terribly as our next sojourn here may be a lengthy time to come.
So please accept these words as I am leaving a big piece of my heart with you. You have always been a part of who I am, but now my devotion to you is stronger than ever as I can now call you my home.

Love,
Lindsay
(Here are just a select few of my favorite running roads)











9 comments:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Welcome home!

Ford Family said...

Hope you have a good journey back, already miss you. Come back soon and visit! x

Debs said...

You'll be flying as I write this no doubt! Wishing you all the best. Glad you grew to love England - rain and all. Miss you x

England Family said...

We miss you already! Hope the journey back goes well. Watch out, we will be on your door step in 3 months time!!! Hugs and kisses to you all and happy new year! love The Englands xx

Mandy said...

Wow. Beautiful country. I'm speechless. Glad to have you a little closer!

Church Family said...

Lyns, ONe thing I truly loved about the east coast was to get lost on all the winding, magnificent roads. My wish to you is that you may find similar delightful roads in Virginia. Wanting an update...Laura

Angie said...

Oh the light on the last one is wonderful. Safe trip home and can't wait for an update.

Camden said...

I'm so jealous! Such beautiful scenery. it wouldn't be worth the space on my camera to take pics of where i run now. I so wish I hadn't taken pics of our routes in Ithaca. Drop us a line when you land.

Lesley-Ann said...

Glad you arrived safe and well, hopefully settling in nicely. We will miss you and sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye :(