Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What lies within...

Where do we go? How is this going to happen? Is it right? Is it wrong? Will Harvey have a job in 3 months? Will we be okay?

These are just a few of the questions that have been plaguing me lately. We are supposed to move Dec. 31st, but we aren't sure where to. For 10 1/2 years, Harvey and I have had the advantage of strongly being directed to our next whereabouts. But now we have the map laid out in front of us and we aren't sure where to go.

Through prayer I have no doubt we will be taken care of, through prayer, I know all will be right in the end. I feel everyday that positive encouragement that we are being watched over and guided.

BUT...

Then I think of my kids. And the questions plague my mind once again. Is this hard for them? Is this an "unstable" environment? Can they cope?

And that is when I read this quote...I love quotes.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson


As I discuss what is happening with the kids their responses have been, "Of course Heavenly Father will take care of us." "You know Mom Heavenly Father will guide us?!"

As I hear these words come out in sweet tiny voices, I realize what lies within them is not as tiny, but it is powerful, mighty, and unbreakable. Their faith really could move mountains. And again, I feel we will be okay.


5 comments:

Ford Family said...

You have such great faith Lindsay- you are an example to us all. I hope you will get everything figured out soon, I don't know if I would have such a positive attitude if I were in your shoes!

Bedford Branch said...

I love you Lindsay. You are my greatest blessing. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Come to McCall, Idaho! It is quaint and beautiful and precious. Our kids would meet and sustain strength in everyday living, and our ward would rock with your heart and testimony. Ok, and yours as well Harvey :)

This is my vote! Seriously google it and let the gorgeous views and enticing lakes and mountains take your breath away.

(come.)

Hayley said...

I know things will work out for you all - things always do, it might not be until the 11th hour. Thats what seems to happen to us so whenever we want to plan for things, we plan that they'll never happen until the 11th hour! Good luck with it all!!

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Keep your eye on the goal.......you guys will be OK.