Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Little Red Shoes


My little red shoes
So shiny and bright.

I don you from morning
into the night.

I am not sure if it is the sound
you make on the floor

Or the bright color
that I cannot help but adore.

Some little girls have their wands
or their crowns,

Some may have their fairy wings
or their beautiful gowns.

I only need one thing
and that is for sure

It is the shoe that adorns
I pray you can endure

I take you to parks, to church
and to bed.

You never leave me,
that is the day that I dread.

So be with me forever
my bright tiny shoes.

For you are the one I will
invariably choose.

6 comments:

England Family said...

I love those shoes on her! They are the cutest things. That poem was gorgeous! Didn't get to talk to you today to say thanks for the other night, it was so much fun and to see how things were going. Hope you are ok! We will miss seeing those little red shoes!

Debs said...

I LOVE red shoes too!! Love the poem too x

Ford Family said...

That is great- you are so talented. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas this year, we will see you Sunday x

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Very cute Lindsay! Merry Christamas

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,
Your poem made me cry. And I mean cry! Your photos are wonderful. Love Jess Kennet

Scott Fam Dam said...

JESS! How are you??? I need an email from you!