


Harvey has made our kids into pancake snobs! Most saturday mornings Harvey will get up and head downstairs to prepare the pancake feast, from scratch!!! Yes, Harvey makes the pancakes from scratch, and they are delicious!!! It isn't just the recipe though it is something special he does. That special something has yet to be shared with me, because I attempted in Harvey's absense to carry on the saturday tradition by making these pancakes. The attempt was made because my kids absolutely refuse to eat pancakes made from the box, you know, the just add water kind! So after my pancakes were prepared each kid tried, and these were there responses:
Madison: "These are great Mom, you did a really good job!" (However she only ate one as opposed to her normal 2)
Savannah: "I am sorry Mom, but these just aren't like Dad's, he just does something better to them." (There's my honest Savannah again, she barely choked down one, at least she tried!)
Carson: "?" (I still have a hard time understanding him! But they must have been bad because two bites later and he was done! I am still hurt, which is why he isn't pictured, the facial expression is more than I can bare!)
Rylie: "Cry, Cry and cry some more" (She's teething, but she did humour me with a few bites)
Saturday, March 15, 2008
My Pancake Snobs!
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 4:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
This entry is too cute! I love how you even took a picture of the griddle, lol! Don't tell my boys about homemade pancakes- Weston gets the frozen ones for breakfast!!!
So funny! My kids love pancakes too! We've been making them everyday recently. I'd better not let Harvey cook for us; they wouldn't like mine anymore.
Kat
exactly the same at my house! Dave is the pancake maker!!!!
Funny...pancakes must be a dad thing..Steve makes excellent buttermilk pancakes...sadly the kids still love the add water kind more! We had green ones this morning!
Hey do you think your husband will share his pancake recipe with us? That would save me bringing back a large box from the states! Hey you can add me to your blogging buddies, that's if you want an oldie like me! I have yet to find a grandmother blogger, maybe I should start a group :-) Let me know if you know of any.
Lesley-Ann
Post a Comment