Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Carson!

Today is Carson's 3rd birthday. Usually, I have this difficult time with accepting that my kids are getting older, or it is hard for me to believe it possible for them to be older, "I can't believe Savannah is 8!" "I can't believe Madison will be 6!" However, with Carson I haven't had any problems with acknowledging his age. He has always been, as the saying goes, "An old soul." I remember looking into his eyes when he was just a few days old and he would look back deep into mine as if he was reading all about me, looking into my heart and soul. So Carson is three years old, and there is no shock value in this for me; just pure gratitude and love. I have a beautiful, crazy, sometimes onry, 3 year old boy; and I love him with all my heart.

Carson didn't have a birthday party this year. But he did have a theme. He is passionate about two things in life:

1) Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
2) Scooby Doo

Although, the main focus was on Mickey, we did top the Mickey cake with a Scooby candle!

Just as a side note, when told, "Happy Birthday Carson, he would in turn wish you a Happy Birthday!" As Savannah said many times today, "Happy Birthday Carson!" Carson will then reply, "Happy Birthday Nana!"


A candid of Carson's concentration face as he opens a present!

2 comments:

Ford Family said...

That first picture is so cute! I love the black and white snaps! (You will do so well on your course!)Hope the movie was good, and have a great holiday! I will miss reading your blog whilst you're gone!

Sunshine Promises said...

Is this boy Harvey Jr. or what? So great to get the update on your cute family. You guys are precious.