I knew from the moment I was awakened by Rylie's 5:00am feeding that it was going to be one of those days...Let me preface first, by saying that last week was the busiest week of my life. Fun, but busy. As I awoke today I felt the exhaustion of the previous week hit me. As I describe my day, I make a plea, a plea that you comment if you too have days like these.
I was so lazy today that once I got my older kids to school I resumed the position that I was going to stay in all day, on the couch with my feet up on the ottoman. I was so lazy that when it came time for Carson to eat lunch I looked for ways that I could make it simple and non-messy, for reasons such that I wouldn't have to put out too much energy in making it, but that I also didn't have to wait in the kitchen while he ate it and I could bring him into the family room and I could once again resume position on the couch. Rylie picking up on my mood napped for 2 1/2 hours, but even after all that when I heard her cry it took everything I had to get myself off the couch and up the stairs, which on days like these feel like I am climbing Mount Fuji. Dinner for the kids was made quick and easy, there was no table set, and I couldn't even be put out enough to include a vegetable. On days like these, my diet consisted of 7, yes, 7 chocolate chip cookies (which were consummed for both breakfast and lunch), a few strawberries (yeah for me), and rice. And yet all I crave at this moment is the largest bar of chocolate England can offer. Family Home Evening was basically a "kids rule" night. With Rylie screaming throughout, Savannah and Madison did the lesson and activity and since I had eaten the family treat, my only job for FHE, we were left without and quickly closed with a prayer. We totaled a 15 minute FHE, and all time record. I had Rylie in bed by 6:30, Carson in bed by 7:00 and Savannah and Maddie in bed by 7:20. Just so I could download some itunes, write this blog (which even now I am getting bored with and want to quit), and resume my position on the couch. What a day! Please tell me you have days like this too, is it just me? I do know some women feel like doing this, but am I the only one who actually carries those feelings through to actions?
Just to note, my laziness didn't keep me from making a pan of rice krispies and a pan of brownies after the kids went to bed.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Lazy Daze
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
You are definitely not alone. This is EXACTLY how I feel today!! I am laughing and crying with you. Oh, and my favorite part is the cookies! When you said that you'd eaten 7, and that it was the FHE treat, I KNEW we were kindred spirits :)
Ha! Yes, I have days like that too! I will even try my hardest to keep the baby awake all morning so he will take a nice long nap at the same time with Weston! I hope you recover soon!! Thanks for making me smile!
So funny - I think we all have days like that! It seems I end up pushing myself through them because I end up being crabby when the kids don't let me rest! Then other days when they are playing nicely together and it's time for school and I'm not feeling up to it, I'll definitely relax for awhile until the kids' are no longer peaceful. You have to grab those moments . . or days when you can!
These kind of days are the rule for me, not the exception--and I only have 1 kid!
Did you read my blog last week!!! I totally had a day like that. I like to call them my mommy meltdown's. And believe me I totally carry them out. Lindsay, we got four boxes of girl scout cookies and I ate at least 2 by myself (probably more) in two days.
Hey Lindsay- you only ate 7 cookies?!! I would've eaten the whole packet! (Unless that was a whole packet- in which case you are buying the wrong cookies! I also have days like that- I used to put my kids to bed and go to bed myself! Only when I did this, someone would inevitably ring and I would have to pretend that they hadn;t just woken me in the middle of the day! So if ever you call and I sound out of it- you know you've caught me napping!
It's also so nice to know that all mothers feel the same way! We should definately share more of these moments with each other- then no one would have to feel bad, because they would know that everyone else was doing the same!
Post a Comment