And here we go again....I always have mixed emotions at the beginning of a school year. Sad to see the freedoms of summer disappear but grateful to have routine back. Sad to see my kids getting older and one more year closer to leaving me but incredibly grateful to have them one more year. I was chastised this year on Facebook for voicing my sadness over my kids leaving for school, to which a mother who has lost a child replied "get over it, at least you have them one more year." At first I felt misunderstood and wounded but then realized the point she was making. And it is truth. I am so grateful I get to watch my children grow up and go through life but my heart hurts over the concern that I won't remember the precious moments of their childhood. I see baby pictures and I struggle to recall in detail their cute little selves and that is what causes my heart to ache. I don't want to forget the details of their lives. But as we begin this new year I feel hope for my children on a successful year ahead. Not because they will have the best year of their lives full of positive experiences but hope because I know that at the end of the year they will be better, smarter, more experienced little people then they were at the beginning of the year. I love these little ones and I can't wait to see what this year brings and to be there for them in their struggles, rejoice in their triumphs and comfort them because I can.
Savannah (9)....Madison (7)
I could've posted their pictures seperately but come on, how precious is this picture. To me, it encapsulates their relationship. As different as they are both physically and emotionally, they love each other with all the tenderness a sisterly love can possess.
Carson (4)...here is to a good year buddy, you need it and you deserve it.
Rylie (2)...she will have a good year because she will make it happen, this little bug full of so much anxiety will learn to turn that anxiety into something positive because that is what Rylie does!
Emma (Pre-K)...One year closer to the start of her school career. This little one is growing up so fast but I am excited to see what she will become. She is a tender little powerhouse.



0 comments:
Post a Comment