Seriously, this face!
She is my baby...how often each one of my children have voiced that she is the favored. I could internalize and consider that maybe my actions might portray such an opinion, but I am not going to.
I am going to soak her in, breathe her in, and love each and every minute I have with her. Why?
Because I wasn't able to do it with the others. Each time my children hit a certain age another baby came along that consumed my every moment. And before I knew it that child had grown up on me.
Yes, without my permission that child decided as my back was turned that they were going to grow and grow and grow.
The most painful part is with that growth came change. Lots and lots of change. So I would commit that with the new baby I was going indulge in the moments I had and not allow them to grow as quickly as the older child.
But then wham bam the stork would drop another parcel of sweetness at my door and my back would get turned. My time would once again be consumed and the older child would once again take advantage and change before I had any say in the matter.
So in comes the final child. I have learnt my lesson, there is no small infant to jeopardize my time. I will not let this child change behind my back however she is doing a good job at changing before my very eyes. But I am watching, and I am appreciating. So as my other children may feel she is the favored, I am a respecter of none. I love each and every one of my children with all my heart. Even if they do go changing on me.



0 comments:
Post a Comment