Monday, November 10, 2014

Halloween 2014

Although Halloween is probably my most dreaded holiday...like I really hate this holiday.  I know that for my children it is an exciting time of year.  So I put one foot in front of the other, a smile on my face and endure through it until it is over.  I may seem like a grouch but honestly until you have seen what life is like with a diabetic kid and halloween you will never truly understand how awful halloween can really be.  I dread the high blood sugars, the sick tummy, the crazy emotions and to top it all off the sugar induced high the other children get on.  I decided this year was going to be different.  I traded the candy for a toy.  If I am ever going to survive Carson's halloween childhood I had to make something more appealing to him than candy.  And trust me that was difficult.  However, legos out performed this year and replaced the sugary poison.  I decided that all my kids would benefit from this trade, so off to walmart we headed and in the trash their candy went.  I do not feel I am over indulging my children if anything I am saving them from the crap they were about to inhale.  However, if there is anything positive that can be found at Halloween it is the cuteness that is my children.  I loved not only how adorable they were this year but the simplicity of each of their costumes.  So here are these cute little stinkers on Halloween 2014.

My Dorothy:



My Spider-girl (or in Emma's words Spida-gurl):


And my cute little Nerds (I told them Halloween was a time for them to not be themselves but they didn't listen!:):


0 comments: