Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Earrings=Beauty

One day a random thought entered my mind and I decided to pull my innocent 4 year old in on it.  I asked my Emma if she has ever thought about getting her ears pierced...to which she replied, "Yes."  I asked her would she like to get them pierced again her response, "Yes."  I said okay let's do it then!  She asked, "Now?" And after literally a second of thought I answered, "YES!"

So within moments we were in the car being more spontaneous than we have ever been.  I had a pit enter my stomach as soon as the words "YES!" came out of my mouth for the last time we ventured into this brilliant idea of ear piercing it was with her big sister Rylie and I can't tell you the drama and tears that ensued.  I almost felt as if I was throwing Emma into the fire so I warned her it will hurt and then asked if she still wanted to do it.  Again the happy word of "YES!"  was shouted out and we continued to move onward. 

This picture below encapsulates the anticipation and excitement.  Boy was she ready for this.  I guess she had given it way more thought that I gave her credit for.  




Gratefully at this very moment the technician (Seriously is that what you call them?) called for another helper and stated that they were going to do both ears at the same time.  Hallelujah.  I was thrilled for I knew this was going to make the experience so much better!


I have yet to see since another child that felt more beautiful than this child after the piercings were done.  No tears only shock and then immediate smiles.  The rest of the day she continued to look in any window or mirror she could and push that little strand of hair that she has behind her ears so the earrings were in full view.  All day she kept repeating, "I am so beautiful."  And yes Emma, with or without earrings you are truly beautiful.


0 comments: