Saturday, September 27, 2008

I can...

I can...do a weekend of parenting alone.

I can...drive 1 hour and 15 minutes to a lake to keep them entertained.

I can...watch the girls fall countless times as they chose to not heed my warnings and attempt to master roller-blading while going downhill.

I can...watch Carson go towards the lake while taking no notice of the duck poop he is stepping in to get there.

I can...warn Carson several times not to drink the lake water, only to have him "forget" and take a swig when I wasn't looking.

I can...watch Rylie stumble towards the water to throw her pea sized pebble in the water.

I can...let the girls climb the rocks and leave my sight for a few moments.

I can...watch Carson run after them and venture to climb as well, knowing he may fall along the way.

I can...tell the kids "no" when they ask for sweets and ice cream even if it is the 10th time in asking and Carson is screaming and Maddie is whining and Savannah is bored, and if only they could have something sweet all things would be made right again.

I can...wait 15 minutes in a stinky, dirty bathroom for Carson to have a bowel movement. Why does it take him so long?

I can...change Rylie's poopy diaper with no wipes and only one napkin.

I can...enjoy the drive home because I have successfully exhausted 4 children. Harvey hurry home before they successfully exhaust me!

Carson finding all kinds of wonderful things in the lake.
This duck patiently waited for the kids to drop their sandwich crumbs, but alas, they gobbled everything all up.
I love this pic because Savannah is helping Madison by holding her hand.
Normanton Church.

10 comments:

Bedford Branch said...

I love you sweetie! You are the most amazing woman I have every known. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother to our children and an incredible wife. Be home very soon!! I promise...then we get to go to Portugal!

Shuldberg Family said...

It's so fun to read your blog. It's like reading a fun story. So what does your husband do that you move around so much?

Ford Family said...

I am so impressed with you! You are such an example of a fun mother! I need some tips!

Debs said...

The joys of motherhood!! You do SO well Linds looking after 4 kids with a husband who often works away - you're an inspiration to me!

Michelle said...

Good for you, you survived the weekend. I even saw Maddie wearing shorts so the weather must not be too bad!

Heather S said...

I am glad you had the napkin! ;)

Church Family said...

Loved this post Lyns. You are so adventurous. Those pictures are awesome. I love the stick with the big pile of gunk. Carson must have been in heaven. What memories you are creating with your kids.

Mandy said...

Oh those days alone are long aren't they? Good way to pass the time. And it is so memorable for your kids too. I loved that. You guys take such great pictures.

Jessica said...

You know it's amazing all the things we can do and yet I find myself focusing to frequently on the things I can't do. Thanks for reminding me to celebrate my abilities.

Lesley-Ann said...

I love your post and photos once again. You do very well with 4 young children and a husband gone a fair amount and you always seem happy and unfazed by things, how do you do it?