This past week we did a Family Home Evening lesson on service and how it affects our mood (I have had some grouchy kids lately). When we are feeling sad or angry or even grumpy, the power lies in us to change it. The ever so powerful solution is quite simple; do something for someone else a.k.a service.
The following week...Savannah had an argument with Carson. Carson kept messing up her very well made bed. She was completely frustrated which resorted in yelling and Carson crying. After we dissected the problem and everyone was feeling better, I resumed my chore of folding laundry. Savannah moved in alongside me and helped. When the task was completed she told me, "You were right mom! I was so angry at Carson but as soon as I started to help you with the clothes I started feeling better. I am not angry anymore!"
We are all super heroes with super powers! Savannah use your powers and use them frequently, you are going to need them being the oldest of this bunch!




4 comments:
I love that girl! I want to bring her to my home so she can teach my children waht its like to be such an obedient child. She is one awesome girl!
Great FHE. I think I will use that for my next FHE. I think kids need to know this more and more that they have these "super powers!" Way to go Scott..also let Sav know we are proud of her and watching her example!
Oh, growing older and being the oldest. Lindsay, you are a great mom it shows.
Hi i am a friend Chelseas in tassie
i found your blog on hers...
lve it
love your insights
we members of the church too in Hobart
anyway thansk for your thoughts ...hope its ok to comment(and spy ..hee) on your blog
kindest regards
bron williams :)
Post a Comment