
Today I am grateful for one of the most precious gifts I have ever received. My Savannah.
Why?
1) Because its her birthday and I have been blessed to have her for 12 beautiful years.
2) Because she has confidence. And being 5'6" and in the 6th grade doesn't make that easy but she has managed to successfully plow through.
3) Because she is unique and loves it. She is different in so many ways from the life she has lived to her taste in clothing.
4) Because she has one of the most hearty and sincere laughs. I love that laugh and it doesn't take much to hear it.
5) Because her heart is pure. She has a heart for the downtrodden and she is always there to uplift them.
6) Because she is a devoted and sincere friend. She has lots of friends but few can hold her devotion. Once they win it she is the most devoted friend you can ever ask for.
7) Because she sings ALL the time. Whether she is being goofy or truly trying she sings everyday.
8) Because she is a good listener. I have been blessed to have many conversations with this girl. And I love that she "gets" it. Each and every time we have to pull out one of those serious conversations she makes it easy for me and I love her for it.
9) Because she is hilarious. She has developed such a witty sense of humor and I love when she can nail daddy with a good one. She is dishing it back!
10) Because she accepts her fate and trusts the Lord. She has moved 11 times in 12 years and as soon as she knows its from the Lord she willingly goes where He wants her to go.
11) Because she has an innate desire to be good. She doesn't want to disappoint her parents and I love that. As she enters the teens she is pushing her boundaries once again but I know ultimately she wants to do good and be good.
12) Because she may look just like her daddy but she is her mommy through and through. Although it may not all be the traits I hope to pass on I have no doubts that she will take my weaknesses and make them strengths (especially that darn chocolate one, although I am not sure how you can turn that into a strength!) and she will take my strengths and become unstoppable.
Happy Birthday my sweet Savannah. I love you so much. You are amazing and I am blessed to have you as my daughter.



0 comments:
Post a Comment