We have just recently been potty training Rylie. One time while we were doing our monthly "Sam's Club" shopping she informed us she had to PEE! So we rushed to the toilets. She wasn't ready for the huge toilets, the loud noises, and most of all the stinky smells. When we got in there she hesitantly sat on the large and scary toilet. As she sat she got the most disgusted look on her face and shouted out,
"It's stinks in here! Someone trumpeted mom! Someone farted! Oh it smells so disgusting! Oh stinky, Mom I want to go now!"
I tried to talk her voice down but all I could get out between the laughs was,
"I know it does Rylie, that's what people do in toilets!"
Seriously, whoever was making the smells in that lavatory had to be embarrassed, if not in total hysterics.
Unfortunately this event completely turned her off from using the toilets and now she is back in diapers. I am not sure if it was the very loud flushing of the very large toilet that nearly scared her to death while we were in there, or if the smell will forever permeate in her nose and the toilet now only holds total disgust for her. If only she had to change her diapers! Then she would truly know what disgust is.
Little Miss. Confidence. I love to watch her.
She moves with style. First, she flips her hair off her shoulders. Then, she proceeds to walk towards you with her hips swaying and her hands flexed, oh so prissy like. Then, she stops in front of you, does a turn, smiles at you so cunningly and then does a flirtatious laugh. Oh heavens, what are we to do. When I watch her I used to get a little nervous about our future with this child. But now all I see is cuteness and confidence. Oh, how I wish I had her confidence.



5 comments:
What a little beauty! She's grown so much since you moved!
Yep- toilets do flush too loudly Liv was always very edgy round them and Liv also has a fear of very loud hand dryers in public toilets. Have you seen the new Dyson hand dryers, well I should say have you heard them!! They make you jump out of your skin!x x
She is so cute! She looks just like Maddison, I can't believe how much she has grown up since you left!
I love love love the picture!! I miss her and Lex told me the other day she wanted to play with her.
Wow! That is a gorgeous little girl!
Thanks for such a good laugh. I love to laugh.
We had a similar experience in Sam's yesterday. Woowee...I don't know what was wrong with the person in the stall next to Kelli.
Post a Comment