Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We may have regrets...

I have never been one to wish my children’s childhood away. But today I am seeing things in a much different way. As I hear one child yelling, another is screaming, all the while the other is crying and another arguing. And yes, this is all happening at the same time. My thoughts instantly turn to the airplane ride we are about to embark on. Tomorrow is our doom’s day. Our day that begins at 7:00am UK time and ends 11:00pm Utah time, and for those of you who aren’t quite sure how many hours that requires of us, let me enlighten, that will take us exactly 24 hours. 24 hours of yelling, screaming, crying and arguing inside cramped quarters unable to escape; aside from layover time that is. So I do find myself longing for when my children are older and their Nintendo DS, books, and movies will be enough to suffice the many hours spent on an airplane. So I am sending energy into the cosmos; energy consumed with forgiveness and patience to all the 228 passengers that will be alongside us. Listening to the yelling, screaming, crying and arguing that will envelope them into insanity and cause them to regret ever having chosen to fly to the Grand Ole’ USA July 17th. Prayers are needed and good positive thoughts our way are gratefully accepted. We just may have regrets!

9 comments:

Debs said...

I love the way you write!!! Hope the flight goes much better than you are expecting it to! Have a fantastic time, we can't wait to hear all about it, and we'll miss you! x x

Weston and William's Blog said...

Oh my gosh good luck! Ask them if they can seat you all over the engines- it helps cover the sound and you won't have to worry as much! (although maybe that won't work as well on the big giant planes... they're probably more soundproof... hmmmm...) Let us know!

The Harpers said...

Reina and I are flying tomorrow too. I've been so worried about it, but I guess you've put it into perspective--I only have 1 to deal with and only have 6 hours to make it through. I'm sure I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck!!!!

England Family said...

You'll be fine!!!! If we made it, you will make it too. I won't lie, it is very daunting!!!!!! Just remember what a wonderful time you will have once you get there. You will forget the flight the second you land. HAVE FUN!!!!! Say hi to Utah for us... tell it we miss it too! See you in a few weeks, we'll miss you all.

Becca said...

I hope your flight goes well. Just think - the end destination is all that matters . . . just getting there is worth it!

Mandy said...

I hope it's going well. I can't wait to see you! I promise it will pass and I'm sure your kids will have acted like angels and slept the whole time. That is of course if you remembered to drug them. (Did I just say that? Yes, I did.)

Good Luck!

Lesley-Ann said...

I meant to wish you a happy trip on Sunday and then tried calling on Wednesday evening, but I think you had already retired for your early start, so sorry if the phone distrubed you. We look forward to seeing you at the ward barbeque on the 16th August. Have fun x

Anonymous said...

Hello to you all from England! The weather has been fabulous since you left! only joking! I hope your journey was fine after your awful start. Phil was still in shock when I arrived Thursday afternoon! I asked what arrangements he had made with you for your return!?! if you email me we can make arrangements! church@woodlands46.fsnet.co.uk We all miss you! With our love. xx

laura said...

PLEASE CALL!!!! Spence and I can't wait to see you!