Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Maddie


I feel the last few blogs I have somewhat neglected Madison. So I decided to list the 5 things I love most about Madison:

1)If she doesn't feel something is right she will always speak up, even to the big people. One night Harvey and I were upset with Savannah and neither one of us were speaking in nice quiet voices. I looked over at Madison who was crying silently but had her arms across her chest and a very mad looking face on. I asked her why she had that face on, "I don't like the way you are speaking to Savannah, you always tell us to never yell, and you and Daddy are yelling, and that is NOT right!!! You should say your sorry!" Boy, Harvey and I were sooooo humbled by that.

2)She'll always come to the defense of her family. One day after school, Madison and Carson were playing on the "bars" and I heard Carson crying. As I went over to assess the damage, I overheard Madison yelling at some boys that were much older and much bigger than she was, "That was NOT nice, you should say your sorry! Come on Carson let's find mommy!" Oh, she is so much like me that way, I love it! Apparently Carson fell off the bars and started crying and these boys started laughing at him. Madison wasn't putting up with that kind of behaviour.

3)She is amazingly insightful. One day driving in Utah she was so deep in thought and I asked what she was thinking, she said, "I am just so grateful to be here." Assuming she meant Utah, I said, "Yeah I am grateful to be here with Papa and Grandma too." She corrected me, "No not Utah, I am grateful to be here, here on earth." I was stunned by this comment, completely unexpected, she then went back to her thoughts and I was left to my own thoughts on how grateful I was to be there with her at that moment.

4)She has a huge understanding of Gospel principles. After reading scriptures one night I asked the girls what we could do for someone if they were having trouble with their testimonies, Madison answered, "I know we can pray for them, then Heavenly Father will hear our prayers, then his power will go to them and then give them the power!" I thought that was a perfect explanation of the power of prayer.

5)She has no fear. She was having some trouble with two friends at school. One girl in particular was being very mean to the other girl. Madison was caught in the middle and she didn't quite know what to do, so we talked about it. I asked her if it would be possible for her to get the two girls together and have them "talk it out." That way maybe they can solve their differences. I added at the end, "...although I know that might be kind of scary." She said, "Oh it will be scary, but I don't care, I can do it." I did think to myself, if anyone can do it, she can!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of Maddie. She is so much like you.

Love you, Mom

Heather S said...

You have such good girls! I bet you are very proud. The picture is beautiful.

Weston and William's Blog said...

Hey Lindsay :) Your kids are beautiful, and you are such a good photographer! I love your blog- you can see how much you love your kids and how much fun they are having! I'm glad you and Harvey are doing so well- is that your house in the picture with the trampoline? It is beautiful!

Koch Clan said...

Aw, what a sweet girl. So cute and smart that she will stand up for what she knows is right.