Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Baptism




Savannah came home from her baptism and as she shut the door behind her she proclaims, "Mom this was the best day of my whole life!" I asked her why, she said, "Because I got the Holy Ghost!" I just thought that was so telling of Savannah and how aware she was of this whole day. She understands so much more than I did at that age about the Gospel and the purpose to being baptized. It truly was a wonderful day. There is something amazing about watching your child get baptized, I can't quite describe the feelings or the emotions that you feel. I think the most intense emotion I felt was the overwhelming feeling of love that I had for this sweet child. How proud I was of her for making this decision and her ability to already recognize the Spirit.

To top off the whole day both Savannah and Madison sang a duet. It was as close to hearing angels as you can possibly get. Madison being only 5 years old, was completely fearless. She sang with so much confidence. At the end Savannah bore her testimony. It was beautiful. What a great day and what a blessing these sweet children really are.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

HOORAY! Tell her congrats!!

Becca said...

What a great day! She looks beautiful and so happy!

Margaret said...

What a milestone for your family and a happy, happy day! Congratulations to Savannah.

leslie said...

what a BIG day! love the pics of harvey and savannah. can you believe you have an 8 yr old??

Heather S said...

Ok..so I have tears in my eyes. It may be the pregnancy hormones...but I was really moved by your description of the baptism and what Savannah said. Tell her congratulations from the Smith Family. I hope Darby's day goes just as well.

tami said...

Beautiful pictures of Savannah! She has such a classic beauty. Congratulations on her baptism, as well.