I signed the kids up for a "Kids Marathon." Easier than it sounds I promise. Basically from the time you sign them up to the race day on July 14th they need to run 25 miles. They then finish the remaining 1.2 miles on the actual race day. Well we started off great, but then the whining kicked in. Apparently my kids are just like I was at that age and they hate running. So we have taken on hiking. We can get our miles in that way and as a bonus the kids are having much more fun doing it. We may not be race ready come July 14th but it is all about the experience in getting there and so far our experience has been fun! I have been so proud of these little troopers and love that they let me put them through tortures such as these.
Here is our first hike of the summer up Battlecreek Falls in Pleasant Grove, honestly only a mile from our home. We brought the cousins with us to add more humor and goofiness to the hike. We came home afterwards to some homemade smoothies. That's always the best reward for a hike well done!
This state of Utah is quite remarkable, view and see:
Monday, July 07, 2014
Summer of Hiking
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment