Thursday, July 21, 2011

Buried Alive

So one of our favorite places in Utah is our cabin. I spent so much of my childhood there and it is filled with warm memories of cousins, night games, holiday traditions and spending valuable time with my Grandparents. So naturally I want to transfer those warm memories over to my own children. So up we went into the canyon! One particular afternoon the adults were playing card games and as always the kids disappeared outside. However, we noticed that a few times we would see a child walk past the window with a shovel in hand. We aren't totally daft so we did investigate and saw that the shovel was being taken to the park in which a sandbox lie therein. Completely satisfied with this we figured that our kids were digging holes and how fun is that. So off we went back to our card games.


In the great and vast world of technology our niece texted her dad to come to the sandbox. So adults gathered together in one big group and made our way to the park. And this is what we saw...











4 comments:

The Richeys said...

Oh how fantastic!!! That is some fun those cousins are never going to forget. Great pictures too. I wish we had a cabin we could retreat to for fun and frolicks. I'm loving your summer posts Linds. xx

Debs said...

Love it!! Memories they will always have! Love to you all, enjoy the rest of your Summer Linds xx

Diana Pike said...

So fun to see how our little Scotts are growing!

Jill said...

Didn't we do a youth activity there one year!?! I swear I remember it. How fun for your kids. I hope they enjoy being SUPEr close to family. It is fun...well, I wouldn't know, but I've heard it's all the rage.