Friday, November 05, 2010

My Turn!



I was really getting into all the kids running these races I thought I would run one myself. I took nearly the whole summer off and got a bit lazy so I had to put in some miles the last two weeks before the race in order to do well. I love the competition of the races, (not that I will ever win a medal) but I love doing my very best and trying to beat my P.R. So I ran a simple 5k on a beautiful trail in a park. It was a women's only race, which really put Harvey on a soap box a few times...(they could never hold a men's only race, all the women would be in an uproar!) I told him to show up wearing a bra and maybe they would let him in.


I was so happy to not only have my own children cheering me on but our dear friends the Mannings showed up to lend their voices and cheer for me as well. I did well for my first race back in over a year with a time of 24:33, but one day I will beat my P.R!


2 comments:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

That time is my 2 miler! Great job girl!

Heather S said...

Great Race Linds. You look so happy.