Sunday, November 21, 2010

Savannah Banana

"You don't have enough fingers!" Madison yells in the morning, as she's just realized Savannah's 11 years of life can no longer be counted on her fingers. I often have these moments when I can't believe how old my children are getting. I have this constant determination to slow down the process but they keep growing anyway.


Savannah is different though. As she gets older I find that I am excited for the years to come. I am in no way wishing away her childhood but I do look to the future years with a grin on my face. I am not ignorant of the trials teenagers bring but I am also beginning the years when I get to watch my little girl grow into a woman. I look forward to the discussions we can have and to become friends with the child I have watched grow from infancy to child; from child to young adult. She has a fun personality, a perpetual need for crushing on boys, and a deep wise understanding of what is right and what is wrong; from these qualities I gather we will have fun times ahead as well as trying times, but through it all I believe my love for this child will deepen beyond what I thought possible.

I am ready. I am ready for the challenges, the growth , the fights and the proud mommy moments as I watch her grow into an awesome young woman. A woman I hope with virtue, faith and a strong determination to be the best she can be. I love you Savannah. I love you for so many reasons but I love you for your heart, your compassion for others and your strong testimony in what you believe. Happy Birthday my dear sweet daughter!

P.S. She got a rat for her birthday. And believe it or not, it is a cute little thing!

One of the highlights of the day for me was the witness that came that my daughters do truly care for one another. Lately as Savannah grows up and matures they have temporarily drifted apart and the result being lots of fights and feelings being hurt. But Madison unselfishly took money from her own money jar (unbeknowngst to me) and went to the school library scholastic fair and bought Savannah a book that she knew Savannah at one time had requested. Later she came home and wrapped it up and completely surprised not only Savannah with it but her parents as well.

Here is Savannah receiving the gift

And the hug that accompanied it!

The cake that some little 3 year old girl scrapped the frosting off of while the rest of the family members were watching Savannah's birthday movie.




Happy Birthday my sweet sweet Savannah!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Sav! I love that she got a rat for her birthday! Fun for you:) I also love that Ry ate the frosting on the cake. We really are very much alike!

Ford Family said...

Happy birthday! I can believe how quickly they grow up- I was just thinking the other day about Joseph being nine- it's all happening too quickly!! Looks like she had a great day, we miss you all xx