
Today, I was the mom that loses it at her kids soccer games.
I couldn't take it anymore.
There was a bully pushing my daughter around.
Little Miss Meany, went to far.
Her Coach said nothing, did nothing.
So I did.
I yelled, I screamed and then I felt terrible.
When did I suddenly become that mom.
I was ashamed.
I cannot control the behavior of others but I can certainly control my own.
So...
I apologized.
To EVERY one present.
To the girls, to the parents, to the coach, to my children.
And just as I was feeling like the worst mom in the world.
I asked Madison how she felt when Miss Meany used her violent forces on her.
She was hurt, she was mad and she wanted to fight back, but...
She didn't want to be mean like her, so...
She played harder, she played stronger.
We are both outspoken, never to be pushed around.
But she used this shared attribute positively.
She was my example today.
I hope to be just like her one day.
The rest of the day I felt humbled.
I felt humiliated.
But I felt the need to do better.
To be better.
So tonight, I was putting the kids to bed.
Carson was crying,
Rylie was crying,
Emma was crying,
And Harvey was gone.
My experiences today made me more patient.
More understanding.
I gently handled them,
Lovingly placed them in their beds.
I walked out feeling exhausted, tired, and emotional.
Then I saw Savannah holding my crying infant.
With a proud smile she approached me.
With a hug she explained how amazing I was in her eyes
She stated; I do so much and I handled it all so well.
What would I do without these girls
I need their love,
Their support
Their validation
To me, they are my little examples.



8 comments:
Linds you are my hero! Love you!
Iwish I could write things half as nice as you do. This was a beautiful-and so true to life story. We all have these moments. You are such wonderful mom. I'm so glad I get to follow your blog. You make me want to be a better mommy!!
You brought tears to my eyes Linds! You do an utterly amazing job as a mother of 5 with a husband who is often away with work. You are an example to many x x x
Oh Linds,
Thanks for making me cry! I completely understand every detail of that post, from beginning to end, because in some way or another, I am that mom and my babies are my examples too. What a sweet experience. Being a mother... there's nothing better!
You are amazing and I love how honest you are. Your girls are great because of who you are.
You are such an example of embracing everything good in life!
That's just awesome. You sound like an amazing woman and mother. This was a touching post, and you're an excellent writer.
I had a moment like that in an Outlet Mall parking lot.
You are wonderful.....
Post a Comment