As she glances over I watch in silence as she suddenly takes notice of something she never has before. At first she just stares in wonderment. Soon her fingers start to make slight movements and I watch as her eyes grow wider with this discovery. The movements of the fingers bring the hand up to meet the eyes on their level. She places them right before her as she brings both hands together. I feel I need to be as still and quiet as I can. I don't want to interrupt this moment that I cherish in each one of my children. It is something I look forward to and my emotions are mixed as I am proud of her first self discovery and the potential that it brings, but I feel a stitch of sadness as I now realize that my infant will soon be a toddler.
As she starts to lose interest I then bring her feet together and clap them softly. It brings just the reaction I was looking for. Her eyes suddenly fix on her feet. She gazes at them as if they are an outside object, not part of her. I then bring her small little hand and have her touch those chubby little feet and she instantly makes the connection. They too belong to her. She begins a conversation as if she is trying to tell me about these wonderful things she has just discovered. The cooing and the smiles makes my heart burst with love for this little child that is mine. It never goes away and it never changes. 5 times over and I look forward to this moment every time. I am glad I got a moment to relish in it; just me and this sweet Emma of mine.





4 comments:
Aahh so sweet! She is getting so big so quickly. She is so precious. Love the pictures!
Who is that child that ate Emma? The last time I saw Emma is was teeny weeny and all eyes.
She is so sweet. I'm glad I got to see you again last week. Too bad I didn't get to see this precious baby!
She is so cute! They grow so fast don't they! Glad we got to meet her, hope it's not too much longer before we can see you again (come with Harvey next time he comes over!) x
Post a Comment