When I met you at age 24, there was not a single strand of grey existing on your head. You were youthful, swaggering and dauntless.
At age 26, I was watching you charm the Chinese nation, speaking in their native tongue and impressing all who watched. The greys began to creep in but youth continued to reside.
At age 30, we were comfortably and humbly situated in upstate New York. Although little time was spent together we enjoyed the time we were able to snatch up. You had approached the age I remembered my parents being and I felt you were so old. The grey's now began to grow at intensifying rates but the swagger and confidence of your youth were still evident as your ambition was reaching all new heights.
At age 33, you had successfully achieved every goal up to date and were now about to live the dream of taking your family abroad to experience incredible things. Japan would be a place where we grew tightly together as a family. Your traveling would slow down and we were able to spend increasing amounts of time together. Along with the decrease in travel the grey upon your head also subsided. Your youthful swagger began to be replaced with a matured confidence and I knew Japan was only a mere stepping stone on the path that lay before us.
At age 35, we were now found living in that lush English countryside. It was here that I saw that even the ambitions of Harvey can be thwarted momentarily by the only thing that can get you down. RAIN, rain and more rain! Although you were beaten down for only a moment you rose to greater heights ever more eager to succeed. With this new plan of action your brain must have been working overtime because shortly after our arrival in England the grey's emerged once again and spread throughout the whole of the head, however black still dominating the grey.
Now we are happily nestled into 37. As I consider my loving spouse being in his late 30's, I myself begin to feel old. Your strippling goals have now been successfully reached and we look onward to your future objectives. Your expatriate desires have taken a turn and now your ideal lies in planting roots and establishing land. I have witness the once bumptious 25 year old become a humbled 37 year old, faithful in his beliefs, protective and loving to his children, prosperous in his career and loyal in his friendships. The head is gratefully still full of hair but as the grey and black battle it out I see the black will soon surrender.
These past 13 years of knowing you Harvey have made my life richer and more blessed in ways I could never imagine. You are my soul mate and am so grateful to witness you in action with your children. I have learned what it is to not only have the confidence to succeed in life but that life is worth living to its fullest. I look forward to what the future brings, nothing holds surprises. And as the grey hairs on your win the victory I will look with gratitude knowing that I was able to watch the alterations happen that turned you into the incredible man you are today and those lush black hairs into grey!
Happy 37th Harv! April 5th!

Here is great evidence of the grey!




3 comments:
Beautifully written Lindsay, happy birthday Harv x
I remember meeting you both (while Lindsey was expecting your first) right off my mission as a new student as SVU. As I observed you together, I knew that I wanted what you shared. An equally yoked marriage full of love, joy and respect.
The years have only proven your companionship to be all the more admirable. I am grateful there are people like you both in this world. It gives me hope for future families and children (so let's line our kids up in 20 years!).
Love you both!
Lindsey I want you to help Debs write her speech at my funeral! I fear what she will say! The most negative you get about harvey is him loosing his lush black hair which you turn into a positive anyway. He is a lucky man and you a lucky lady. They say opposites attract but I think that wrong - because to me you and the Harv Dogg are both the same positive end of the magnetic personality and deserve each other. Stay cool sister. i miss you all. Cant wait to see your husband again soon.
Dan
Post a Comment