There is nothing more rewarding than to watch your child get baptized. I feel it is the only day I have in which my soul attention is on that one child and I only see the goodness. Let's face it as mothers we all too often get moments where we can look at a child in admiration one moment and then the next we are sending them to time out. But on the day of their baptism we reflect on how incredible they are, we are overwhelmed with pride for their decision to be baptized, and we hear all day how others feel about them as well. I love it.
Today, Madison chose to be baptized. She was so excited she practically jumped around all day. She felt so special and she was so brave as she not only sang in front of the congregation but she bore testimony to the truthfulness of the ordinance of baptism. She is amazing. Without any doubt I can honestly say I felt the most powerful force of love throughout the entire meeting. It was oozing from her, towards her, and around her. She is deeply loved.
Not only was it her special day to be baptized but she also celebrated her 8th birthday today as well. I can't believe my Maddie is 8. She has grown up so much this year. Not only has she actually grown in height, but her feet have finally gone up a size! She has also matured into a beautiful big girl and taken on many big girl responsibilities. She has a big sister that deems her as her best friend. She has a little brother that worships the ground she walks on, and she has a little sister that would love to be just like her!
I am so proud to be Maddie's mother. I feel it one of my special blessings in life to be the mother of someone so incredible. Her affections are not gained easily but once they are she is a devoted and trustworthy friend, daughter and sister and the love she has for you will be felt and shown as needed. She is an amazing little girl and I love her with all my heart!




7 comments:
Congratulations, Maddie! You are such a beautiful 8 year old!
Wow Maddie is 8, that is so exciting :-) what a lovely post Lindsay, your family is growing up so fast, our baby (Beth) just turned 16, watch out it will be here before you know it!!!
Happy birthday! What a special day xx we miss you all, can't believe we finally had to come home!! Great post to harvey as well!
Maddie looks so grown up and what a beauty. So glad you all had a wonderful day x
She is so beautiful! I miss her spunky and fun personality. I know they all don't even remember me anymore, but I sure remember them. Congrats to Maddie on her baptism. That is so wonderful!
Those are such great pictures. Maddie sounds like she has some pretty amazing parents! ☺
Hey! You stole the chairs from the foyer of OUR church! Ha. How much of that fabric do you think the church bought? It's EVERYWHERE!!!
Congratulations on Madison. What a great day.
Post a Comment