Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Swim. Bike. Run.

Harvey just completed his first Triathlon. He has trained for nearly 4 months and we all couldn't wait! He was absolutely amazing. He took 2nd place in the "novice" category and walked away with a time to be proud of. Good job Harv! I myself took part in a race on the same day at the same time, except mine had 10 legs. Those of a 10 year old, 8 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old and 3 month old! So unfortunately I didn't get any pics. These are ones that the Mannings provided me, unfortunately I don't have any with him on his bike! The bike is his area of strength, so maybe he was just too darn fast! We had so much fun supporting him. I made the kids T-shirts that all said, "Team Harvey." The girls all wore their hair in pigtails, just the way daddy likes them! Even Emma supported daddy by being the best baby of all time that day! All in all, we had a great day, Harvey walked away with a natural high and we are all looking forward to the next one!

Swim (750m)



Bike (20k)

? (Wish I had a pic)

Run (5k)


2 comments:

Becca said...

Wow! I am so impressed - I mean, look at those leg muscles!! Way to go, Harvey!

Unknown said...

Wow! Way to go Harvey. I'm trying a tri in a couple of weeks. Similar sprint distance. Sounds like you did really well!