My boy is growing up; I hate this realization. The other day he fell asleep in my bed and as I went to lift him up I immediately felt his long dangling legs. It shocked me when they reached down to the tops of my knees! He is growing up way too fast. Carson being my only boy, he is doted on by many women. And yes, he knows it. But because he is my only boy I feel I need to relish every stage of boyness that he goes through. Last year it was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Scooby doo; this year it is anything super hero, and disgusting. This birthday is a momentous birthday for all my children. Turning 4 provides them with their first official birthday party; with theme, friends, the whole lot. So here is a quick recap of the week of parties for this adorable, fun-loving, hyper and squeezable little boy:
On his actual birthday we decided to have family over! Yay, family! We have never had family around for birthdays and since Harvey's two sisters have just recently moved here we can now include them in all the fun. From the very second I told Carson about his upcoming birthday he has insisted that we have a "spider man cake." So in an attempt to put the arts and crafts on a cake, I failed miserably but I made the boy very happy!


And the baby sister was pretty pleased too!

This is Rylie using her charm on Papa. At this rate she will have Papa wrapped around her little fingers. Just like her daddy!

Here is proof that he gave my cake a big thumbs up! And cousin Jasher couldn't resist the taste!

A few days later we had the big birthday party. Themed, "The Jungle Expedition." Here are a few decorations. I loved the vines. We just made them out of paper grocery bags and they created a pretty real effect!
First off the kids had to prove they were true jungle explorers by making these jungle hats and applying bugs to them. If anyone has the magazine "family fun" this may start to sound familiar! Then they had to eat typical jungle food, dried ants, worms, beetle wings, snake eggs and crocodile teeth.

Next we played, "pin the tree frog on the leaf!" Fun stuff!

This is the table, I wish Harv would have got the chandelier above. It was decorated with vines and leaves, it looked so cute! We had a pinata, that I made out of grocery bags and labeled "expedition supplies" which they blasted away at and then I put the inside treats into these take home bags labeled "supply rations." You can see those on the table. We also had a really fun snake hunt in the middle of all this.

This is Carson attempting to blow out the candles. He had some trouble with this one. He tried about 6 times before it finally went out!
All in all, it was a great time! I think Carson had a great birthday and I have come to the conclusion that boys parties are definitely fun to plan. Happy birthday my big, gorgeous and forever and always, baby boy!
9 comments:
What are you talking about? That cake is AWESOME!! And what a fun party!!!!!
I agree- that cake is fantastic! I am not going to show Tom- he will want one- and I am just not good at cake decorating! Looks like he had a great time- you put so much effort into it. I have to admit though, being the opposite- having done way more boys parties than girl ones, I definitely prefer girl ones! I love all the princess/pink stuff! But boy ones are still fun- we had football ones last year for both boys, and they were great!
Happy Birthday Carson! I can't believe how big he is getting! I am very impressed with your cute decorations and games. I may have to fly you over to do my birthday party this year.
Wow - Linds you did a great job!! It looked like such fun! Happy birthday Carson :-) It must be so lovely for you to be able to share these special times with family. I can't get over how grown up Rylie is looking and Maddie's hair has grown so long! x x
So glad to have you back online! The party and the trip looked awesome!
What a fun birthday! Great party theme with the jungle stuff. It sounds so fun!
Such a fun birthday. I can't believe that he is already 4.
Happy Birthday!
Way to go on the cake Linday! As for little Carson, he is really getting huge. Where did our little two year old go?
PS- In case you haven't heard, we are moving to San Diego. Demeron took a position at Northrop Grumman, a defense contractor. Pretty excited to live there too!
Looks like another amazing Lindsay party. You do such a great job. Can't wait to see you all. The kids are dying to see your kids. Can't wait to catch up.
Post a Comment