Monday, March 16, 2009

The house!

Forgive my pathetic attempts at taking pictures. With things still in boxes and chaos everywhere and no internet; my iphone has proven itself worthy and pulled through like a champ. However, it can't beat my camera. So forgive the quality and I will get better pictures of the house on here soon!


The House!




The biggest reason we bought this house was for the land! Not very often do you find flat acreage in VA, but we managed to find a few. So here is a partial view of our 3.5 acres. Sav's dream is to one day put a couple of horses on it!






This is a partial front view of our property. This is what we will see when we sit on our front porch on those beautiful Spring and Fall mornings!


Our back deck which will overlook the above pic of the land!

We are so excited about our new house. We still have so much to do in terms of household projects and decorating (anyone want to help! This is a talent I do not possess!). But we feel extremely blessed to have all that we have, especially in times of financial crisis. We have come to realize that not only does God take care of the big details but he even takes care of the small ones. After all we have been through in the last few weeks; I am left with no doubt that God has a plan for each of us. Even if it means we end up in a small town in Virginia!

We get internet this week! So I will be updating more regularly soon!

19 comments:

Angie said...

Cute!! I love your house! It looks like it came from a movie or a book! I hope to be able to see it soon. I want to see pictures from the inside now! Love it!

Michelle said...

When do I get to come and visit?

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Love it...love it all. Congrats...

Mandy said...

It's so beautiful! It looks so peaceful and inviting. I love the land! I'll bet you're so happy to be in your home now and hopefully you can start to feel settled. Can't wait to hear and see more...

julia said...

What a wonderful house!! Now you have a house your heart will make it a home! wishing you every happiness, exceiting times ahead!

Wonderful news

Julia & Boys
Griffydam

Debs said...

WOW!!!! Its absolutely gorgeous Linds!!! What amazing views and such a great feeling of space. I'm excited to see interior photos soon. And you are so arty and creative your decorating will be fab x x

Becca said...

Wow! I've always wanted a front porch like that!! Amazing! The rest of the house adventure is just the fun part - do it gradually and don't stress :) Congratulations!

Mills Family said...

We are so excited for you. What a beautiful home. The view is absolutely beautiful. Looks like you have lots of room for visitors! 8) We know where our next vacation will be!

The Harpers said...

Yay for the new house! It's beautiful. Hopefully you'll get to stay there for a long time :)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous it looks great guys.

Emily said...

Wow! This is house is beautiful! How wonderful to have so much land! Your kids are going to love it!

Ford Family said...

Thta looks fantastic- I would love to have a house one day- bet the kids love it! Can't wait to see more pics. We will be out to visit as soon as we can!! x

Church Family said...

Lyns, So happy to see the photos and to know you are well and getting settled. It is so beautiful. It was quite fitting to hear man from snowy river playing on tv in the background while i got the first glimpse of your beautiful new home and all of that breathtaking land. i can already see the horses. what a playground for your kids.

Heather S said...

It is beautiful...the home...the porch...the land...the TREES....the awesome walk-out basement. It is the Scott Ranch. I hope that one day it has horses and guests with the last name of Smith!

Unknown said...

Oh Lindsay I am so happy for you. Looks like you could house a few relatives!! What fun for the kids to be able to have all that land to run on. Hope to see it one day. Love Ya. Pam

leslie said...

oh wow!! you guys are so lucky to have land like that. we were thinking about a trampoline until we realized it would take up our entire backyard. sheesh.

laura said...

Congrats! Wow, that's a lot of land! We need a house, too! I heard you're coming this summer! YEAH! Can't wait to see more photos!!

Sunshine Promises said...

Here's the answer to some of my questions! What a lovely house you have, girl! Full of stillness and solitude. Where it is you and you alone. What a wonderful place to raise a family.

Does Harvey know of a job for a finance/strategy man? We'll come out and be your neighbors!

Chelsea Parsons said...

I darent show this to my girls. They want land, paddocks, a horse!!! Its fab Linds. Is it far from work/school/shops? It looks like it is totally in the country. Cant wait to see inside pics!