Friday, June 13, 2008

What it takes...

What it takes…

It takes patience when obedience is naught,
And giving of your time, even when you’re overwrought.

It takes kindness in dealing with delicate hearts,
And the kind of knowledge that only he imparts.

It takes an example to look to when times get rough,
And when things get out of hand the ability to say, “That’s enough!”

It takes bravery to have so many to support;
Financially or emotionally; you can’t fall short.

It takes someone they can trust when problems arise,
And the insight to be able to always advise.

It takes a sense of humor to make them smile,
And to laugh at their jokes makes them feel worthwhile.

It takes love unfeigned in good times and bad.
That is what it takes to be a good Dad.

Happy Father’s Day Harvey. One of my greatest joys in life is watching you at your best; as a Daddy! When writing this I thought of all the attributes you have in your parenting; patience, unconditional love, and making our kids feel like they are your first priority. You are such a good daddy and we love you with all our hearts! We can’t wait for you to return home so we can really celebrate!

P.S. Look in your carry on, there is a card from the kids!

3 comments:

kat reynolds said...

Linds,

Reese had said he had a wonderful visit with you guys. I don't know if it would be a good idea for him to take me there. With the way he described it, I doubt I'd want to come home. But really, it would be great to make it out there sometime. Thanks for having him over!

Anna and Ryan said...

Wow, Linds, Harvey is so lucky to have you as a wife. Man, I bet he felt so good reading that. Could you compose something for me to give to Ryan (kidding).

Mandy said...

Hallmark needs you. It's official. You're awesome! Great writing and I also agree, Harvey is super lucky to have you! Thanks for sharing your talent!