
As we sit on the pier overlooking the Venetian skyline I look at Harvey who is sitting at my side. Is it possible that we have been married for 10 years? Then I spot the blanket of grey that carpets the top of his head, the soft lines that rest on his sun tanned face. I then proceed to look down at myself, and I take note of the protruding belly that has left evidence of the 4 children it has safely held. My hands are beginning to change as I observe a few wrinkles, calluses and dry patches that have resulted in the years of honing in my homemaking skills. We both having just commented on how relaxed we feel; how stress-free we are. Those being feelings we haven't had in the 8 years of rearing our precious babes. Yes, is the answer. I think it is quite evident that we have been married for 10 years, physically evident to say the least.
However, not much has changed other than our physical appearances. So we are living abroad. We now have 4 beautiful children. Priorities have changed, and our knowledge has increased. Together we have accomplished many things. Our eyes have seen more and our hearts have come to know true friendship, however we are still very much the same.
As I continue to look out at the waters of Venice. I realize that these last ten years have been adventurous and fun, unpredictable and wonderful. For instance, who would have thought we would be celebrating 10 years of marriage in Venice? So 4 children and 5 countries later; we are exactly the same. Just Harv and Lindz, happy, loving what life has offered us, and still in love. Happy Anniversary Harv!
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
A decade has passed...
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 7:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Happy Anniversary! What a great place to spend it! Congratulations!
Happy Anniversary you guys! I hope we are as happy and beautiful as you 2 in 5 more years. BTW, this is random, but I can't believe how much Carson looks like Harvey. Wow!
Happy Anniversary! Wow, what a cool way to celebrate it. Glad you are having fun. You guys look great.
wow 10 years. so glad you went to venice. We're trying to think of somewhere fun to celebrate our 10th next year - wish it could be venice!! Congrats!
That was just simply lovely Lindsey, you write so elegantly my dear. HAPPY ANNINVERSARY, before you know it, it will be 20 years and 8 children ;-) x
Happy Anniversary! You have both accomplished a great deal in the last 10 years. Amazing what two people can do when they support each other's dreams! Did you know that my brother Ryan is great friends with your friends the Harpers? Small World.
Happy anniversary! Glad you spent it in what looks like one of the most beautiful places on earth - you guys deserve it!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like an amazing trip. Lindsay I love reading your blog, you are such a great writer!
Post a Comment