I had to snap a photo of Madison on the way home from soccer practice. She was pushing Rylie wearing Savannah's cowboy hat and her soccer cleats and shin guards. It was so adorable and so very much Madison.
When Savannah first started playing soccer she was one of three girls in the club. The second being Madison. There were over 50 boys in the club; so it was hard for Savannah to get them to pass the ball to her. The boys often said, "Girls are rubbish," "Your rubbish at playing football," "You play like an old lady." They just aren't used to girls taking part of these so called "boy" sports. Now I wish I could say that Savannah got in there and tore up the field and made all the boys eat dirt. But I can't, however, I can say it never got her down, she persisted and is still trying to play with the boys. She wont give up and will eventually, I hope, prove to the boys that girls can do it too. Luckily the boys that are Madison's age barely notice the difference between boys and girls, and as long as she is out there playing with them, she is one of them.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Girls and Soccer
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Way to go Sav. I'm proud of you.
Grandma G.
Post a Comment