Carson loves his spiderman costume, but when halloween came around he refused to wear it and once I could finally convince him to put it on, he did nothing but cry. So off it came and we settled for him just wearing his spiderman rain boots!
Having halloween here in England was a very different experience for many reasons. First of all, the whole Halloween vibe here is negative. They aren't fond of it at all. I think it is the fact they have it all wrong! Many teenagers get into it here and use the TRICK of the "trick or treat" to terrorize people. Pulling off many mean tricks to make lives miserable. They also believe it to be an evil holiday, which is no wonder I have not once seen a princess costume, superhero costume, or anything creative or inventive. The only costumes we have seen are witches, devils, and evil zombies. I went to the girls school party and seeing all the evil creature type costumes, I spotted a kid that had dyed his hair red and had a few bandaides on his face. Interested in finally seeing something that wasn't evil looking I asked, "Are you someone who just got in a fight?" "No," he said, "I am a hunter!" Curious about what having red hair has to do with being a hunter I asked, "Do hunters just have red hair?" "No!" he says, "I got shot in the head, this is blood!" Great, so my girls joined in by doing halloween the England way and became a little devil and an evil witch (since those were the only costumes I could find here). But I was able to keep Carson innocent by finding him a Spiderman costume. However, there are positive things about halloween here, they get very little candy. At the churches "trunk or treat" party one car actually gave away a starburst, yes, one starburst to each child. I love it, this is the first year I didn't have to slowly take candy out of their trick or treating bags. I gave them free reign.
Friday, November 02, 2007
Have a Happy "British" Halloween!
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment