Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Balloon Fest

From a very young age there is one Independence Day tradition that stands out fresh in my mind.  I recall waking up at the crack of dawn, driving down to downtown Provo and finding my Grandpa in his apron and hat making pancakes for the masses.  Flattened hot air balloons scattered the ground and as we ate we watched them begin to rise and lift off.  And soon the sky is specked with the beautiful sight of hot air balloons in flight.  That always marked the beginning of our 4th of July festivities.  Now that we are officially in Utah I couldn't let this opportunity pass.  We have done this a few times in our past but for as long as we are here we are committed to seeing this tradition through.




Since they no longer do the breakfast (at least to my knowledge) we decided we would head to Mimi's Cafe and have our own.  It was yummy!  I was grateful for my sister Angie who urged us to do this.  The kids had a blast and we made some memories!


0 comments: