Today I find myself once again mourning Virginia. For today, I would be throwing the biggest most amazing party to celebrate the ?th birthday of the most amazing person. Natasha has been a dear friend to me for the last 14 years. Not only will you find in this post why I love this girl so much but you will find a list concerning what makes a true friend; for that is exactly what she is to me. I have been fortunate in my life to have many of these types of friends and a list like this reminds me of how I need to pay it forward by being such a friend in return.
So here is why I cherish Natasha and our friendship and why she is so deserving of a post like this:)
--We can laugh and cry together all in the same breath.
--I feel safe within our circle. We can talk about ANYTHING and not only will it stay between us but there is also no judgement.
--She is a listener. She takes interest in my life by asking questions and then listening as I go on and on (because I am good at doing that).
--We are a problem solving team. When either one of us has a problem in life we quickly act together to solve it. My problems become hers and hers become mine. It is awesome.
--She is hysterical. When I get too uptight or serious about something she can find a way to easily bring me out of it by making me laugh my way through it.
--She makes me feel like she wants nothing more than for me to be around. We are constantly finding ways to make "girl" time. Although her husband and my husband make it an amazing foursome we do enjoy our alone time.
--She knows Harvey just as well as she knows me. So if Harvey and I are ever in an argument (which never happens!:) she knows him well enough to understand both sides of the fence and even at times helps me to understand him myself!
--She provides me with the best example of motherhood. She really deserves mother of the year. She shows me that her children are her priority and that every second with them is a precious gift.
--She also shows me by example of how to be the best wife. She deserves that award too! She has a true love story with her husband and I always walk away from them determined to be a better wife. So I guess to sum up the last two, to be a good friend is to be a good example. Leave the friend that your with desiring to be a better person for all the right reasons.
--Now to add an example just to show you why she is awesome, when we went to the Dominican Republic I got very sick the night before we were to leave and she took care of me as if she were my mom, unafraid of getting herself sick she wanted to help in any way she could. True friends will even accept the possibility of catching a nasty bug while on the vacation of her life in order to aid the friend in need!
So Happy ?th birthday to a dear friend of mine. I hope you are not uncomfortable with this post but realize it's truthfulness. I love you and enjoy your birthday knowing that if I were there we would be celebrating big time.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
To my Friend...
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Don't we all wish we could be a little more like N!!! Anyone who gets a part of her in their life is better off for it...Well said Lindsay!!
Post a Comment