For some reason I don't always look forward to Mother's Day. For no other reason than the fact that I feel guilty my kids have to go to so much effort to make it a special day for me. A day where they are left wondering if they have truly made it a great one. So I feel guilty. Only a Mother could manage to feel guilty on Mother's day.
But when the day approaches and the gifts are given I am left feeling overwhelmed and yet more guilty. Overwhelmed because I have amazing children that can't wait to give me their sweet homemade gifts, which I love. Overwhelmed because I am a blessed mom with 5 incredible children that for some reason are able to overlook my many faults and still celebrate the fact that I am "the best mom in the whole wide world." Overwhelmed because the sweet words written on their cards humble me and bring me to tears of joy over the fact that I am a mom.
But guilty because I sit back and a small part of me wonders if those words written are truly how they feel or wishful thoughts of the mom they want me to become. I know, insert the "Aww Lindsay you are WAY to hard on yourself." But the larger part of me graciously accepts those words as a loving tribute to the mom I am striving to be and grateful that they notice that effort.
I do love Mother's Day because at the end of the day it comes down to one simple fact, I AM A MOM. I am grateful to be one and grateful to have one. Happy Mother's Day all, and may you have a guilt-free glorious day!:)
Monday, May 14, 2012
On this Mother's Day...
I love this picture because I told the kids to "smile as big as they love me." However, Emma must have thought I said "yawn as big as you love me." She must love me lots.
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 4:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
What a beautiful picture of you, and your family! You deserve all of the goodness Mothers Day brings:) Hope you are all well!
Post a Comment