Emma has had a hold upon my heart since the day she was born, but as her little personality develops I have begun to adore the little person that she is. She has come alive in personality.
I have always deemed her as my serious child. But she is determined to shake that stigma. Not that being serious is a bad thing but being serious in the Scott family is a difficult thing. And who wants to make life difficult? So Emma is determined to become noticed in this family of 7. Here are some examples of her attempts:
-She mimics everything we do, mostly the sounds that we make. The other day I was trying to change her poopy diapers and as she started to squirm for a nearby object I could only see the poo she was about to rub into my comforter. So I said, "Stop, stop, stop!" And she looked at me and repeated, "Dop, Dop, Dop!"
-She claps at any given moment wherein she thinks she has done something remarkable.
-She can move, we aren't sure how, but she does manage to end up in a different place than where we put her and she can always get to a toy that is out of reach. No one has caught her in action but we think she has mastered the booty scoot.
-She waves "hi", she wont do it when we say "goodbye". She obviously prefers the welcome.
-She has a slight temper, she expresses it by clenching her entire body while extending her limbs straight out and growling/grunting, quite the advanced pilates move.
-She is 90% a joy to be around, the other 10% I am wishing for her to have some Grandma time!
-The 10% is usually solved by food or sleep. She is never naughty just to be naughty. I love that her case of the grumps is solvable.
My sweet Emma you are loved more deeply than you know and we feel so blessed to have you in our family.







6 comments:
Oh Lindsay, she is just adorable, would be lovely to meet her one day x x
She is beautiful. Love the pictures.
So fun to hear about Emma. She is beautiful.
I almost can't stand how much I miss that girl! She holds a dear place in my heart. I want to munch on her cheeks!
Beautiful pictures! She is getting so big and is simply gorgeous!
So precious! I wish I could squeeze her cheeks.
Post a Comment