Here's a story in life of a boy who is surrounded by girls. When you are surrounded by girls you are in turn surrounded by girly things.
Yesterday Carson was in his Indiana Jones mood. Whenever he gets in this mood he becomes adventurous, aggressive, and inventive. I love it. So in order to be in the Indiana Zone he had to wear the proper attire. So away he went, on a journey to find the perfect Indiana Jones outfit.
As he ventured through the house the only hat he could find was a girly straw bonnet. So on it went. Next item, a satchel. The only thing he could find that closely resembled this was a girl powered bag with a big blue bow on the front. So on it went. Next item, a whip. Now this was easy since the coolest whip in the world was owned by daddy. One he got in Australia. Next he brilliantly put on some adventurous brown cargo's, brown shoes and the outfit stood completed...

So naturally looking at this boy with his sun bonnet and purse I started to feel bad for this man-in-training. It was then that Grandma and Papa came to the rescue...
I remembered the mail man laid a package at the door earlier that day. I was unable to retrieve it because I was feeding the baby and like most tasks in my life it was soon forgotten. Suddenly I remembered it and better yet I knew Grandma sent out a package for Carson's birthday. Could this be it? So Carson and I made a run for it and soon we had the package in hand. We ripped it open and couldn't believe our eyes. How could this be? It was as if Grandma had secret super powers. There in the box was an Indiana Jones hat and whip. Carson quickly shredded his girly ensemble and put the real duds on. He looked perfectly boyish. My spirits lifted and Carson in the last 24 hours has yet to take it of. Thank you Grandma and Papa for your impeccable timing or do you really have super powers!



6 comments:
I love it,love it, love it. He looks awesome!
So cute! I'm sure anna would trade him some of the many boy things in our house for some of the girly ones in yours. See you Sunday!! (so cool that I can say that!!) x
He looks awesome! And I think he looked pretty awesome in the outfit he put together himself.
That whip looks pretty dangerous! He is one cute Indiana Jones even in a straw hat carrying a purse. Look out Harrison Ford!
Linds, he looks so grown up and so cute! What a 'super-gran.' Enjoy Florida x x
Grandma's do have super powers...he looks so cute in his manly outfit.
Post a Comment