
Birthday's are a big deal to me and I always attempt to make my children feel special on their day. I knew with being in Florida this week it was going to make it a little more difficult to allot the entire day to Carson. But what made it even more difficult was that the girls had a soccer game Friday night and with daddy being their coach they had to be back home. So Carson's birthday was the decided day we agreed to leave on. Even though he loved his presents and was in good spirits, I couldn't help but feel like a failure. So as we were driving home I began to plot. How was I going to get Harvey to stop off somewhere and make this day special? Harvey is a focused driver, not so much on the road as he is on the destination. To get him to stop was not going to be an easy feat.
I knew that Carson wanted to visit the beach so I pulled out the map and tried to find a nearby beach that just so happened to be along the way. And there it was...
St. Augustine; stared out of the page at me. Surprisingly enough it didn't take much convincing to Harvey. He hesitantly pulled off the highway and ventured towards the beach.
The kids were thrilled. As you may have read before, our trip to Portugal instilled so much fear in our children
(read here) I wondered if they would ever get over it. Well...
They did.
Before we knew their britches were full of sand and their clothes were dripping wet. Harvey went to a nearby hotel and put on some charm in order to get towels. He then ran each child into the pool, dipped them, and then ran their soaking bodies back to the car where we declothed and redressed them. Fun times had by all!
Now if you were to ask Carson if he had a good birthday he will happily say, "YES!" However, I think he would have said yes anyway!






4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! He looks so grown up now, pics on the beach look great fun!!
Love
Julia, James Oliver Tom
xxx
I'm glad you got to do something fun with him!! Looks like he had a great time! xxx
I can tell whose gross feet are whose. I am impressed with myself:) Haha looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Carson!
Happy Birthday Carson!! Looks like a fun time was had. We're looking forward to hearing about your Florida trip x
Post a Comment