Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Pink Recipe

If there be any doubt whether or not Harvey and I know the recipe for girls, let me prove by saying, we did it again.

As we sat in the room waiting for our scan of the baby, the children were all a buzz. Each one of us anticipating the news we were sure to receive; it's a boy. For the last 6 months we thought boy, we dreamed boy, and although our attempts at trying to have Carson see the possibility of it being a girl were valiant; he still insisted it was going to be a boy.

When the sweet technician announced that she was 90% sure it was a girl; the kids took the remaining 10% and ran with it. For minutes afterward Carson was hard to convince. "Carson it's a girl, are you okay with a girl?" "It's not a girl," was his reply, "it's a boy." "No, Carson we are pretty sure it's a girl." Again he would reply, "Nope, it's a boy." Nothing was said that would convince him otherwise.

And although Carson finally came to terms with this new concept; the girls still stood in disbelief. Savannah the evening of, offered some wise explanation, "Maybe its little 'sacks' were tucked in between its legs and it really is a boy!" Or, "Maybe its little boy parts just haven't developed yet."

We are still in a state of shock over here but as the fact of yet another baby girl in our home settles into our minds, we begin to feel our hearts melt towards this little girl. I am left with no doubt that she will be embraced by all of us with overwhelming amounts of love and adoration, and I do believe big brother will accept the fact that he too will benefit from this. Not only will he forever and always be my favorite son and my most beautiful baby boy, but he will have daddy all to himself on those fishing trips and boy outings!

Although I will spare you the picture of proof, I do have some other pretty amazing pics. Our technician was kind enough to give us a free (we hope) 3-D scan. The baby was a bit wiggly so she came out looking like a lump of clay in some parts. But we are still amazed at how much more advanced technology has become. Check out our sweet, and yes we are pretty sure, baby girl!:)






Here is a 2D picture of her profile.

12 comments:

Debs said...

Wow!! What amazing scan photos! Congrats guys x x

tami said...

while I'm sorry for the disappointment Carson feels, I'm so excited for you!

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

2d is amazing..........sorry for the news of not a boy.. but how exciting is it that you are having a girl! Yeah.. stay healthy...sleep well...get along of fluids because you are going to be one busy mama! I will think of you often when I am running errands ALL BY MYSELF. :)

Mills Family said...

lets have a recipe exchange. Your pink recipe for my blue recipe. Congrats!!!

Becca said...

I LOVE the profile picture. There is just something about those. I'm excited for you - you guys do very pretty girls :)

The Harpers said...

A Carson sandwich--inbetween two sets of lovely ladies!!!! Just one more sister to love, spoil, and dote on him for the rest of his life.

The Richeys said...

Oh my oh my!!! That's wonderful news. We are really excited for you - and coming from a family of five girls and one boy - totally know the feeling!!! xxx

Angie said...

Congratulations! that is very exciting news! She already looks like a Scott girl! Can't wait to meet her:)

Koch Clan said...

Congrats! I think you are right with the boy outings. That will be fun for carson and make things special. I feel that way with sibley. Plus you must have lots of girl things already. And shopping for girls is so much fun. Everytime I go to target I buy sibley something cute. Bring on the pink!

Ford Family said...

What great pictures! Although I had to laugh at the lump of clay description! Like I said before- I am sure Anna would swap a brother for a sister! Anyway, hope you're doing well. We miss you x

Heather S said...

Yeah!!! Those 3 D shots are amazing. I bet they would definitely catch little "sacks" so I agree that it is a girl!

She is lovely. Congratulations.

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohhh brilliant! When the technician told me I was having a 4th girl I didnt believe her!!!! Thankgoodness you have your "farm" and you can get them outside!!! he he!!!! WEll done guys!