
Harvey often tells the children bedtime stories. Ranging from his scary or hilarious inventive ones to his serious real- life ones. One night he asked the children which ones they preferred.
Savannah exclaimed, "I love your stories Dad, they are funny and creative!"
Madison's response was, "I think I like the real stories dad."
"Why?" Harvey asked her.
"Because, they overwhelm me." She answered.
Intrigued by this answer, Harvey had to ask, "What do you mean they overwhelm you?"
Her reply was one that astounds me and instills so much respect and admiration in me I just had to share.
She thoughtfully answered, "Because I think about the things that they did in their life and it just overwhelms me. It makes me think of Jesus too, and all that he did for us."
And that is just one of the many Maddie insights into life. She is often reflecting, and pondering. I love the gaze she gets when she is thinking about something. She just stares off onto some distance object and I find myself wishing I could be able to read those little thoughts. I am sure I would learn a lot.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Maddie's Insight
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 12:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That's so thoughtful. How are you doing? Hows the pregnancy progressing? x
Aww Lindsey - what an amazing girl you have there. I love the way you blog. I think she gets her pondering thoughtfulness from you!
What the heck - She is only what 7? I knew she was just playing with me psycologically, like a cat with a mouse when I would enjoy those moment together chatting over a game of swingball back in Griffydam - do you remember. She was almost too cute back then and now I know - she might have looked 6 but she had the facalties of a full developed woman - I was outmatched even back then!!!
We are going through the WHY? phase at the moment and I will never fob Olivia off but for sanity I sometimes change the subject or call an end- because we are down to the atomic level of the why (you know what I mean)?
I guess I will learn the lesson and make sure I satisfy her curiosity and need for reason because clearly bright kids can think alot deeper than we give them credit for.
I hope you are all well. My compulsory night in as Debs is out at enrichment.
love Dan
Post a Comment