Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our mini-park


Now before you envy, let me first explain. Harvey and I bought this fantastic playset with nothing but thoughts towards our awesome children who were going to spend endless hours playing on it, and for a time be off the Wii.


We anxiously brought it home and it wasn't until we started to unload the boxes when our hopes were slightly downsized and the seeds of defeat were already being planted.


We pulled exactly 393 pieces of wood out of the boxes, along with random accessories, and exactly 2,471 different types of lag screws, hex head bolts, step bolts, barrel nuts, spike tee nuts, lock washers, flat washers, wood screws. Not too mention all the metal brackets, metal triangles, metal grips, carabiners, ground stakes and a 10 ft. slide. Ummm, WHAT!


We then see that the time required for set up is 20-24 hours for 2 skilled workers. Harvey and I quickly accessed whether or not we would fit into that category.


Now I must admit if you were to see Harvey and I and our devotion, love and teamwork there would be no doubt we could be defined as "skilled", but to our dismay, 10 days and 30 hours later and with the noted help of my in-laws we finally had it completed.


We have both come to the conclusion we are not skilled, but we are convinced there is no other couple or machine in the world that works as finely tuned and in sync as Harvey and myself.


When I now gaze at our finished product and watch our children have the time of their lives I see beyond the happiness of children. I see the quality 30 hours spent side by side with my husband. Never a fight to be had, only the best team ever formed.


Harvey I now dub you skilled. In my mind anyway, you rocked on that sky fort and I will always value that time spent with you. However, I thank the heavens that it is over, and I never have to be out in the hot blazing sun working until our clothes were drenched through with sweat! Well, at least, not for awhile! Now it is time to conquer that grass!

6 comments:

Heather S said...

That is a great playground. Well worth the time although I am glad it was you two and not me!

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

That is a great sight to see and it just makes me tired just looking at it!

Mills Family said...

Go team! Quite the accomplishment!

Debs said...

Wow!! It looks amazing!! Well done you two! x x x

Ford Family said...

Wow! You totally lost me with the description of all the bits and pieces that came with it! I would have given up there! It looks fantastic- hope the kids have hours of fun on it. I would love to have one like that!

Angie said...

I am impressed and jealous. That team work would have been a possible chance of divorce at our house. I am a instruction reader and Dave is not. Oh, your kids are going to love it. Yippeee!